COMPTON CA – During the November 1, 2016 Compton City Council Meeting the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) announced the finalists for its 2016 Most Business-Friendly City in Los Angeles County Award. The cities of COMPTON, Downey, Lakewood, Long Beach, and Santa Clarita are finalists for the population 68,000 and over category, and the cities of Arcadia, Azusa, Pico Rivera and Rosemead are finalists in the population under 68,000 category.
One winner from each category will be announced live at the 21st Annual Eddy Awards on Thursday, November 10th, at the Beverly Hilton. Business-friendly programs and services are a critical factor in job-creation.
The finalists were selected through independent review by a panel of blue ribbon judges, based on the following criteria:
* Demonstrated priority commitment to economic development
* Excellence in programs and services designed to facilitate business entry, expansion, and retention
* Competitive business tax rates and fee structures
* Availability of economic incentives
* Effective communication with and about business clients
( Press Release )