Burrell MacDonald Park has a NEW playground and outdoor exercise equipment! This $246,702 park improvement project was funded by Measure P and completed earlier this month. This new playground replaced one that was over 30 years old and in disrepair.
Complete improvements included a new playground, over 1500 linear feet of decomposed granite walking trail, Greens Field 6 station outdoor exercise equipment, installation of concrete ADA walking path for baseball field bleachers, irrigation modifications, fence repairs, and site furnishings.
Address: 2516 W Alondra Blvd, Compton, CA 90220
With these improvements, the Burrell Mac Donald Park Community Center will have the amenities needed to provide an array of diverse recreation activities for the community.
Additional images can be viewed here
Below are just a few upcoming scheduled events that will occur within the next few months:
• Youth Soccer – Free for ages 5 to 14, registrations being accepted now.
• Movie In The Park – September 7, 2019 from 3pm – 10pm
• Drop In Day Camp – June 17th – August 23rd, free for ages 5 – 14, fun games, activities from 11:00am – 5:00pm
• “The Hub” Teen Center – Free for ages 13 – 17, activities, games, classes, excursions, mentoring, homework assistance and so much more. Registrations being accepted now!
• Youth Flag Football - Free for ages 5 – 14, registration begins September 2019
• Girls Youth Volleyball – Free for all ages 5 – 14, registration begins September 2019
This is just 1 of several park improvement projects that was funded by Measure P 2018-2019.