The City Clerk's Office
is an authorized
Passport Acceptance Facility!
Our facility provides the following services:
- Acceptance of applications for new passport books and passport cards (land and sea travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda only)
- Expedited processing
- Passport photo service for $15
- Forms for other passport services
Passport Services hours are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please use our online appointment system to schedule an appointment.
We regret that we do not accept walk-ins.
If international departure is in less than 2 weeks it is required that you apply and schedule an appointment at a Regional Passport Agency.
Please bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Completed UNSIGNED DS-11 form**
- ORIGINAL Proof of U.S. Citizenship (CA Birth Abstracts not acceptable)
- VALID Primary Identification (Applicants and parents of minor applicants)
- Photocopy of primary identification (front and back)
- Passport photo (taken within the last six months)
- Cashier Checks or money order payable to the "Department of State" for the application fee***
- Cash or credit for the processing and photo fee
- Minor applicants - If you are submitting a notarized Statement of Consent Form (DS-3053), please include a front and back copy of the ID used for the form
***Fees - Per the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs, non-refundable fees for passport services include an application fee and, in most instances, an execution fee (payable to the City of Compton). A complete list of passport fees is located on the Department of State website.
For more information please click on the following links to the U.S. Department of State website:
First Time Applicants and Passport Renewals
Passports for Minors (under 16)
Passports for Minors (16 and 17)
Password Application Status
Frequently Asked Questions
For additional information not listed on this webpage, please visit the U.S. Department of State Passport website.